Building upon the success of the smallest available Ultra-Compact PlugComputer (the Nimbus), Ionics now announces the New Full-Featured Plug Computer Plus. The PlugComputer Plus has features that leave the humongous Desktop in the dust. Despite its micro-sized footprint; it comes with full WiFi (Access Point) Functionality, Bluetooth, Zwave (option) and extra USB 2.0 ports for expanded flexibility.
The Plug Computer Plus is flexible computer device that can have many application uses, and the application range is bounded only by the imagination of the developer community.
- Mini Server-Router for the home or small office
- Dedicated Home File Server
- Dedicated Home/Energy Automation Controller
- Multimedia server for DLNA-enabled players (e.g., iPhone, Sony PSP, others)
- Webserver with Database engine for small commercial web sites
- Web proxy, enabling fast, cached access to your favorite web sites,
- Storage of home video surveillance streams,
- Automate downloads and uploads to your favorite photo sharing and other web sites,
- Many more…..
Processor OptionsIn addition to the current Processor running at 1.2GHz (Marvell 88F6281), Ionics will be soon making available a new 2.0 GHz Version (Marvell 88F6282)
Developer’s KitFor developers, a Development Kit Option is available which comprises the Developer’s version of the Plug Computer Plus built-in (provides access to UART and JTAG) which enables simple debugging and reprogramming.
Included with the Development Kit Hardware are:
- Bundled Linux distribution, Developer’s SDK & Documentation
- Community support
Stratus Product Specifications
|General||Linux based Giga networked General Plug Computer for OEM by Software Developers|
|Memory and Storage|
(Small Sized Form Factor with large memory capacity of 512 MB)
|Development Kit version|
(for Software Developers)
- Specifications are subjected to change without prior notice
- Certifications pending
- Customer may the use original design and/or with optional own customized Logo or optionally specify a different ID design